Recipe courtesy of the MIELE Experience Centre
115g caster sugar
25g golden syrup
25g whipping cream
200g plain flour
6g baking soda
10g ground ginger
25g pistachio nuts, finely chopped
1. Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 180°C.
2. Measure butter, sugar, golden syrup and cream into a large saucepan.
3. Place on medium heat, Induction setting 7, and bring almost to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
4. While the butter mixture is still slightly warm, sift over the flour, soda and ginger.
5. Mix well to combine. The mixture should come together well with a sandy texture.
6. Roll 10g pieces of the dough into balls, dipping one side into the chopped pistachios.
7. Place rolled biscuits onto a baking paper lined baking tray and flatten slightly, allow room for the biscuits to spread.
8. Place biscuits into the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 15 minutes, or until browned to your liking.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
HINTS AND TIPS
After the biscuits have been pressed out onto baking trays they can be covered and chilled, ready to bake the next day. Allow to sit out of the refrigerator for 10 minutes before baking as per the recipe.
You can freeze these biscuits on a tray after shaping and pressing them out, once frozen solid, transfer them to an airtight container. Defrost before baking (around 20 minutes out of the freezer).
They also freeze well after baking.
Biscuits can be stored in an airtight container in a cool place for up 2 weeks.