Recipe courtesy of the MIELE Experience Centre
200g good quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
70g pistachio kernels, plus extra to serve
150g butter, softened
150g castor sugar
150g plain flour, sieved
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 Packham pear, cored and coarsely chopped
150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
150ml pouring cream
1. Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus or Cake Plus at 160°C.
2. Process chocolate and pistachios in a food processor until coarse crumbs form, set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar in a standard mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sieve baking powder and flour together and stir through mixture, followed by the pistachio and chocolate mixture and the pear.
5. Pour mixture into a greased and lined 22cm springform cake tin.
6. Place in the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 35 minutes.
7. Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out and cooling to room temperature on a wire rack.
1. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat cream in a saucepan, Induction setting 6, to just below boiling. Pour cream over
chocolate and let it stand until the chocolate melts (3-5 minutes), then stir until smooth. Set ganache aside for 5-10 minutes
until thickened slightly.
2. Smooth ganache over the top and sides of the cake, scatter with pistachios and let stand for 20 minutes to set prior to serving.